Chef Deborah Schneider, Sol Mexican Cocina, The Quarter, Scottsdale, Arizona
Chef Deborah Schneider is celebrating the debut of her new book “The Mexican Slow Cooker.” We had the honor of being invited to attend the book signing, fundraiser and book launch for Chef Deborah’s “The Mexican Slow Cooker”. The Event was a great success. The proceeds were donated to “Treasures for Teachers.” Order Chef Deborah’s “The Mexican Slow Cooker” here!
As Chef Deborah says in the video, Sol’s version of Mexican food is different from the heavy, overly cheesy fare most of us associate with Mexican food. Sol’s menu is based on the Baja style and utilizes lighter but extremely flavorful sauces, fish and grilled meats. They tell it better than I can in this excerpt from their website…”In fact, we make everything on the menu fresh every day, from scratch, including more than 12 different salsas and sauces, using the finest ingredients we can source.”
We had the carnitas and many of the wonderful tacos. The carnitas were moist and juicy with a rich flavor. They were the best I have ever had.
We tried the:
- Carne Asada Street Tacos - Premium Grilled Beef with garlic and coarse salt, pico, avocado sauce and onions. (Delicious grilled beef with a delicate, flavorful, avocado sauce)
- Carnitas Street Tacos – Heirloom pork slow roasted and shredded, chicarron, onion and tomatillo sauce (Wonderful combination of flavors)
- Garlic Mezcal Chicken Street Tacos – corn tortillas with avocado sauce, lemon-mezcal sauce and onions. (Tender juicy grilled chicken with delicious sauce)
- Grilled Fish Zarandeado – Pineapple-cucumber salsa, cabbage, creamy lime sauce (my personal favorite)
The margaritas we had are as follows, with their ratings by our austere panel of margarita aficionados:
- C A D I L L A C M A R G A R I T A ~ SOL’s homemade sour mix with Partida Blanco, orange juice & Grand Marnier – 5 stars
- P A R T I D A M A R G A R I T A ~ a spin on the traditional with Partida Blanco, fresh lime juice & agave nectar – 4 stars
- P I N E A P P L E S E R R A N O M A R G A R I T A ~ a balance of heat & sweet, made with Partida blanco, muddled pineapple, fresh lime juice, serrano chile & agave nectar - 3.5 stars
- C U C U M B E R J A L A P E Ñ O M A R G A R I T A ~ muddled cucumber & jalapeño, Corralejo Blanco, fresh lime juice, & agave nectar – 5 stars
- O R G A N I C S L I M M A R G A R I T A ~ SOL’s skinny margarita made with Casa Noble certified organic blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, agave nectar and a splash of soda - 4.5 stars
Jaime’s comment in an e-mail she wrote to me sums up our evening at “Sol Mexican Cocina”………”That was really delicious and fun!”
If you are planning a lunch or dinner in Scottsdale, we highly recommend Sol Mexican Cocina. It will thankfully, be unlike any Mexican food you have ever experienced.
World class margaritas and Tequila infusions. Fresh and flavorful Baja fare that will redefine your concepts of Mexican food.
Our thanks to Chef Deborah and the “Sol Mexican Cocina” staff for their hospitality and great food.
Sol is located in “The Quarter” at 15323 N. Scottsdale Rd., Ste 195, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
5 thumbs up on this one!Allen Henderson Henderson Real Estate The Scottsdale Broker 480-392-2090 TheScottsdaleBroker@gmail.com